Most people have different techniques for brushing their teeth. Brushing your teeth seems like a simple routine but most people make mistakes and end up with caries. A research made by “Journal of Dental Research” magazine has shown that 2.4 billion people neglect their dental hygiene.
If you want to keep your gorgeous smile, you must brush your teeth every morning and every night.
Here’s how to brush your teeth the right way!
1. Buy a medium toothbrush. Soft toothbrush will not clean your teeth thoroughly while a hard toothbrush can damage your palates.
2. Place the toothbrush on the outer side, between your teeth and palates. Move the brush from left to right using light and vibrant movements. Start pulling down if you’re brushing your upper teeth or pulling upwards if you’re brushing your bottom teeth.
3. Hold the toothbrush vertically and gently move it up and down to brush the inner side of your front teeth.
4. Use circular movements to brush the surface of the teeth you bite with.
5. Change your toothbrush regularly. Don’t use the same brush more than 4 months.
The Most Common Mistake
You won’t get rid of food leftovers if you just move the brush left to right. This way you’ll only stuff them between your teeth and this will eventually turn to caries.
If you only move the brush up and down, the food leftovers will end up stuffed in your palates and that can cause pus pockets.