The thyroid is one of the important glands in our body as it regulates metabolism and has an impact on the growth of a person. It is located below the larynx located in front of the neck and situated on both sides of the trachea. It consists of two lobes which form two wings surrounded the trachea and joined to each other with the help of intermediate part-isthmus.
The thyroid uses iodine in order to produce the hormones which promote growth, regulates metabolism and it has an impact on many other important functions in our body. Thus, the malfunctioning of the thyroid gland can lead to many health issues. This condition affects women the most and currently the thyroid diseases are running like an epidemic in the country.
We can reduce the risk of malfunctioning of the thyroid gland by minimizing exposure to toxic compounds. Check out the list of 7 compounds which are regularly used by us in our homes and are harmful to thyroid functioning process.
- As per the recent research around 60% of the pesticides has an adverse impact on the hormone production of the thyroid gland.
- The pesticides which are used to kill the weeds are actually reducing the thyroid function and thus increases the resistance to weight loss process.
- Plastic is a compound which is harmful to our entire body and overall health, here thyroid gland is not an exception.
- The antimony, chemicals released from plastic bottles are very harmful to our body.
- The University of Copenhagen conducted the research which indicates that juices which are stored in plastic bottles consist of antimony 2.5% higher than the safe level marked.
- Also, the phthalates and BPA from plastic significantly reduce the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Bromine is a part of some foodstuff as well as a pool cleaner.
- It is extremely toxic and hazardous to the thyroid gland.
- Many of us who are medical health carry a high level of bromine in our body.
- Perchlorate is a byproduct of the burning of rockets and jets fuel.
- As per the CDC reports the perchlorate is actively present in water used for vegetables and fruits as well as in our drinking water.
- So, we are directly exposed to this harmful chemical which interferes with the functioning of thyroid gland.
- Indeed, this must be the unexpected ingredient in this list. But actually, the truth is that the soy protein neutralizes the thyroid peroxide.
- It consists of phytoestrogens, which disrupt the normal functioning of thyroid gland and actually blocks the secretion of the hormone.*
- It also reduces the ability of our body to use the consumed iodine.
- The fluoride and chloride content of halogens prevents the normal functioning of thyroid gland.
- Interruption of Iodine transportation can be a result of overexposure to halogens as they are absorbed into our body through water, food, and the environment.
- In the early 20th century, the treatment of hyperthyroidism was included the prescription of 2-5 mg of fluoride every day for 1 month.
- Also, 70% of the water supplied in the U.S consist of fluoride to prevent the dental cavities.
- Due to overexposure to all these harmful chemicals is you are suffering from the thyroid gland disorder then there is a natural remedy which will help your thyroid gland to function well.
- Check out the simple recipe which you can prepare at home:
- Ground ginger- ¼ tbsp
- Ground cinnamon- ½ tbsp
- Orange juice- ¾ glass
- Lemon juice- ¼ glass
- Cranberry juice- 1 glass (unsweetened)
- Ground nutmeg- ¼ tbsp
- Purified water- 7 glasses
- Take 7 glasses of water and boil it on low flame.
- Add 1 glass of cranberry juice, a ¼ tbsp of ginger powder, ½ tbsp of cinnamon powder and a ½ tbsp of nutmeg powder to it.
- Stir it well and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the heat and allow the solution to cool down to the room temperature.
- Add a ¾ glass of orange juice, a ¼ glass of lemon juice and some ice cubes to the solution.
- Your drink is ready! Enjoy the drink to end your thyroid issues.
- Use this drink regularly to keep thyroid gland actively working in your body.
In this world in which we are surrounded by a lot of toxins, it is beneficial to go green and use a natural method to cure the thyroid gland disorders. Try this recipe and stay healthy